Monday, March 11, 2013

Story Behind the Song: "Step One"


Conflicted.  You pray for answers, for direction.  Do you ever feel like you know what you're supposed to do, but you choose not to listen to what it is?  Maybe you just keep on asking God to tell you where to go, what to do, because you’re really hoping that if you keep on asking, He'll give you a different option.  Afraid to move forward because you can’t see tomorrow, you don’t move at all.  “Step One” is about letting go of control and stepping out in faith.  It's about believing that God knows what’s best for you, and trusting that He won’t let you fall.    

Inspired by a deep struggle experienced by one of our best friends, the lovely Megan Kennedy (soon-to-be Williams), Step One is InToOne's newest release.  Click on Megan's name to get to her own blog--a beautiful example of what Jesus Christ can do in a heart that is completely exposed to His love and power.  Thank you for being a glorious picture of how to trust God with everything, Meggy-Meg (nickname coined by Ava Grace).  There's so much more than this song that we wouldn't have without you.  

Step One

Words and Music by Sean and Becky Bennett
Copyright 2013 InToOne Music


VERSE 1
You take step one, feeling all alone
Knowing change is coming, gotta press right on
Everybody’s got an answer, everybody has something to say

Too fast, too slow, going way to far
And Step two’s coming – don’t know where you are
Got make that choice or you’re end up falling again

See I’ve been running, chasing rain clouds
Just to keep my feet wet
And I’ve been searching, for direction
That I haven’t found yet

CHORUS
You won’t let me fall
You won’t let me fall           

VERSE 2
Out on a limb using all you got
To make a bad thing good; make the flooding stop
But nothing you do can make the rain stop falling this time

You’re on your knees begging God to change
Even though you know He’ll always be the same
You gotta take that step and follow even when you know you can’t see

I want to be the exception to
The words that have been said, I can’t stop
Clinging, from the sidelines
‘Cause I can’t see what’s ahead

BRIDGE
And God I need You, to lead me, wherever you want me
To take me, to break me, oh God make this go away
Please take my heartache, my sorrow, my insecurities
So Lord please shape me and guide me so I can take this leap


Step One will be available on iTunes on March 17th.  Get it here.




No comments:

Post a Comment